Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hi everyone, have'nt posted for what seems ages.What a busy week I have had.I'll try to fill you in a bit.
First of all we have been to the gift Fair in Sydney.2 days of shopping and trying to stick to a budget is very exhausting, but fun! We have got some lovely goodies on their way, especially coming up to mothers day. Boy where does the time go?
Next week is the shops 1st birthday, so have been busy organising that.Also on the weekend it was my grandmothers 80th birthday(happy birthday nan,)She had a lovely afternoon tea at the local hall then we went out for dinner.
Along with all this I had lot's of deliveries in the shop and have been busy unpacking and finding spots for things.One morning when I was opening up I heard a lady moaning and she had fallen on her face on the pavement and couldnt move, so I called an ambulance.Luckily I have heard back that she is OK but very bruised.Poor thing.
The extensions have also been cruising along well.Yesterday I had the day off and helped hubby.We have the frames and trusses up and hopefully next week will be ready for the roof.The windows are ready to go in.So it is all very exciting!
So I betta show you some phot'os of how full the shop looks and some of the lovelies Ive been unpacking.





It's getting full and the stock from the gift fair has'nt come yet!!!



This half table was from the furniture fair I went to.I love all the pink things on it.It has already been lay byed.AND this chair.What a bargain! A regular customer came in and asked if I would be interested in some chairs.I bought 2 of these chairs for $20 each.They are so lovely I dont think i can part with them :(
Sarah and Vicki were in the shop having coffee when these beauties arrived.What a lovely morning we had together.Isnt it great to be able to share common interests with beautiful people.
It has really hepled me through a tough time,thanks gals and all the blogging buddies who left such supportive comments.xxNow I betta catch up on everyones blogs.Have a fantastic day till next time LUCINDA

5 comments:

  1. dear lucinda....OH how I remember the gift fair!! (i had a gift shop in melb for 10 yrs..prob told you that already)..and I literally used to fly up for the DAY...and DO both venues (BACK THEN in the day)...I knew what i wanted..
    could sort through soo much of the rubbish!!

    BUT i would love to have another look these days...

    HAPPY 1st birthday....it is an exciting venture..

    xx andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucinda, WOW the shop looks utterly amazing!! You have done a wonderful job!! Cannot wait to see what goodies you have coming from the gift fair, I went to the Melb one a couple of weeks with a friend who has a shop and we were pretty dissapointed with what they had!!
    Hope you are feeling better!!
    mandii

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1st birthday for Hume Cottage Lucinda. The shop looks chock-a-block full with pretties and I love those chairs - what a bargain!!
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucinda, I know a couple of ladies from Melbourne who also went to the Sydney Gift Fair, I'm looking forward to seeing your selections!
    Good to hear you're keeping busy - hope everything's OK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lovely
    the shop looks amazing.. I think we will have to venture to see what you got!!!!
    can't wait to see what you got at the gift fair.. wow I admire you got to both venues.. we only went to Homebush and where exhausted!!!
    talk to you soon
    Vic xxxx
    ps keep up the amazing work

    ReplyDelete